What do I need to get started?
To get verified with Express Verification, you'll need the following:
- A mobile device with a camera to capture photos
- A valid Drivers License or Identity Card
How does the scanning work?
During the scanning process, you'll need to capture 3 new images:
- Front of your Drivers License or Identity Card
- Back of your Drivers License or Identity Card
- A photo of yourself
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions to capture and upload the images to complete the verification process.
- Blurry photos
- Unclear edges of identification cards due to a contrasting background
- Card edges lying outside the designated photo area
- Glare in the photo covering the ID or your selfie
- Obscured shadows and angles
- For Selfies: Not looking directly at the camera
If I'm on the Bitbuy.ca website on a desktop computer, how do I proceed with scanning on my mobile device?
If you are starting the verification process on Bitbuy.ca on a desktop or laptop computer, you will need to follow the instructions on screen and hand-off to your mobile device to continue with the process.
To hand-off, you will be shown a QR code that you must scan with your mobile device's camera, and it will prompt you to open a web page on your mobile device.
Open the web page and follow the instructions to go through the scanning process to complete verification.
I can't proceed with scanning, what can I do to get verified?
Passports or other types of ID are not compatible with ID and selfie scanning, if you don't have a Drivers license or Identity card, you will need to proceed to upload documents manually. To see what types of documents are required for uploading, please visit this support article.
To proceed with uploading documents, click on the "Upload documents instead" link: