Skip to main content

How do I update my home address?

  • Updated

Please follow the steps below to have your home address updated by a member of our support staff:

Get in touch with us here with the following:

  1. Your new physical home address 
  2. An attachment of a proof of address document:
  • A current proof of address document with your full name and new address on it (screenshots or redacted documents are not acceptable, please send the original pdf)

Please note that a P.O. box address does not qualify as a valid home address. For Bitbuy users who live in areas with no evident street address, please provide a Legal Land description. 

Your proof of address document must meet the following criteria:

  1. Your first & last name;
  2. Your full address (with postal code);
  3. Dated within the previous 3 months.

These are acceptable proof of address documents:

  • Any of the following statements from the Federal, Provincial/Territorial or Municipal levels of government:
  • Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions (CPP)
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid (T4E)
  • Statement of Old Age Security (T4A)
  • Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits (T4A)
  • Statement of Remuneration Paid (T4)
  • Notice of AssessmentGoods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) Notice (the actual cheque itself is NOT acceptable)
  • Digital Record of Employment (ROE) (handwritten copies are NOT acceptable)
  • Canada Child Benefit Notice (CCB)
  • Property Tax Assessment Municipal Utilities Statement
  • CRA Requirement to Pay Notice
  • CRA Instalment Reminder / Receipt
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits (T5007)
  • Provincial/Territorial Vehicle Registration (only accepted if dated)

Any of the following statements from a bank, trust company or credit union:

  • Bank Statement for a Chequing, Savings, Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
  • Any Credit Card Statement
  • Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
  • Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
  • Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP)
  • Mortgage Statement

Any of the following utility bills*:

  • Water
  • Hydro (Electricity)
  • Natural Gas
  • TV (Cable / Satellite)
  • Home Phone/Internet
    *Note that Mobile Phone bills are NOT acceptable utility bills.

Any letter, transcript or bill issued by a Canadian university or college.

Any letter, statement, bill or certificate issued by an insurance company registered in Canada:

  • Home Insurance
  • Tenant Insurance
  • Auto Insurance i.e. “Pink Slip”
  • Life Insurance

Was this article helpful?

4 out of 4 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request

Still need help?

Submit a request