What to do if your e-Transfer has not been deposited within our listed time frames (2 or 24 hours)
1. Locate the Reference Number of your e-Transfer
The quickest way to locate your reference number would be to check the confirmation email you received from Interac stating that your e-Transfer has been successfully deposited:
You should also be able to locate the reference number within your online banking platform, however, please note:
- The reference number will always start with the letters CA
- The reference number is assigned by Interac (not your bank)
- Your bank may have its own internal reference number but that is not what we require
2. Email the reference number to [email protected]
Send an email with your reference number to [email protected], and our support team will be able to credit your Bitbuy account for the e-Transfer and provide further support if necessary.
Please ensure that your email is sent from the same email address that is linked to your Bitbuy account.
IMPORTANT: If you cannot locate your reference number, your e-Transfer has most likely been put on hold by your bank and you will need to follow the instructions below to have it released.
When an e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank, it will look like your e-Transfer has been sent and the money will be debited from your bank account (your money is safe).
e-Transfers can be held by your bank for several different reasons:
- The most common reason is sending an e-Transfer to a newly added recipient
- This can happen with any newly added recipient and is unrelated to cryptocurrency or Bitbuy
- After your e-Transfer has been released, you should not run into this issue with us again
What to do if your e-Transfer has been put on hold
1. Verify that your e-Transfer has been put on hold
First, you should double-check that your e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank. You can do so by looking up the status of it in your online banking platform. A status of 'In Progress' or 'Pending' would indicate that it is being held:
Please note: If you cannot locate the e-Transfer in your online banking platform, it is possible it was not sent to us properly. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to fund your account via e-Transfer.
2. Call your bank to release your e-Transfer
To have your e-Transfer released, simply call your bank and tell them that you authorize the e-Transfer to be sent to the intended recipient.
- If they claim that this is an issue on our bank's side, please tell them that you have spoken to us and can confirm that it must be released by the sending bank or by Interac
- You do not need to go into your bank branch to have your e-Transfer released, this can always be resolved through your bank's phone support
If you are still having issues after following the steps above, please send us an email at [email protected] and a member of our team will assist you further.