What to do if your e-Transfer has not been deposited within our listed time frames (2 or 24 hours)
Locate the confirmation email and send the reference number to: [email protected]
The reference number can be found in the confirmation email you receive from Interac, which will look exactly like the example below.
If you received a confirmation email that looks like the example above, please email the reference number to [email protected] and we will be able to assist you further.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, your e-Transfer has most likely been put on hold by your bank and you will need to follow the instructions below to have it released.
How to have your e-Transfer released
1. Verify that your e-Transfer has been put on hold
First, you should double-check that your e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank. You can do so by looking up the status of it in your online banking platform. A status of 'In Progress' or 'Pending' means that it is being held.
e-Transfers can be held by your bank for several different reasons.
- The most common reason is sending an e-Transfer to a newly added recipient
- This can happen with any newly added recipient and is unrelated to crypto or Bitbuy
- Your e-Transfer will look like it has been sent and the money will be debited from your bank account (your money is safe)
- You should not run into this issue more than once with the same recipient
Please note: If you cannot locate the e-Transfer in your online banking platform, it is possible it was not sent to us properly. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to fund your account via e-Transfer.
2. Call your bank to release your e-Transfer
To have your e-Transfer released, simply call your bank and tell them that you authorize the e-Transfer to be sent.
- If they claim that this is an issue on our bank's side, please tell them that you have spoken to us and can confirm that it must be released by the sender's bank
- You do not need to go into your bank branch