What to do if your e-Transfer has not been deposited within our listed time frames
1. Verify that you submitted a funding request on Bitbuy
Submitting a funding request is required when funding your Bitbuy account via e-Transfer. To check if you have submitted a funding request, you can check your Bitbuy account for a 'Pending' deposit, or check your email inbox for a confirmation that your deposit is pending.
If you have not submitted a funding request, simply follow the 3 steps below:
- Click 'Add Funds' and select 'Interac e-Transfer' or 'Express e-Transfer'
- Click 'I Have Sent an e-Transfer'
- Enter the amount you sent, and complete the form
2. Check your online banking to ensure that the e-Transfer was successfully sent
Sign in to your financial institution's online banking platform and navigate to the e-Transfer section. If you cannot locate the e-Transfer, it is possible it was not sent properly. If this is the case, you must send an e-Transfer to the name and email address we provide in the funding request.
3. Call your bank and ask them to release the e-Transfer
If you have already sent us an e-Transfer through your online banking platform and your Bitbuy account has not been credited within our listed time frames, your e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank.
This is normal and can happen when sending e-Transfers to a new recipient. To have your e-Transfer released, simply call your bank and tell them that you authorize the e-Transfer to be sent.
After you do that, we will receive the e-Transfer and credit your Bitbuy account, and you should not run into this issue again for any future e-Transfers you send to us.
Need more help? Please email [email protected]