If your e-Transfer has not been deposited within our listed time frames (2 or 24 hours), it is most likely being held by your bank
e-Transfers can be held by your bank for several different reasons.
- The most common reason is sending an e-Transfer to a newly added recipient
- Your e-Transfer will look like it has been sent and the money will be debited from your bank account (your money is safe)
- This can happen with any newly added recipient and is unrelated to crypto or Bitbuy
- You should not run into this issue more than once with the same recipient
How can you verify that your e-Transfer has been put on hold?
1. Your e-Transfer has a status of "In Progress" or "Pending" in your online banking platform
If you look up your e-Transfer in your online banking platform and see a status of "In Progress" or "Pending", your e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank.
Please note: If you cannot locate the e-Transfer in your online banking platform, it is possible it was not sent to us properly. Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to fund your account via e-Transfer.
2. You have not received a confirmation email from your bank that your e-Transfer was successfully deposited by us
If you have not received an email like the one below, your e-Transfer has been put on hold by your bank.
Please note: If you have received the below email and your account was not credited within our listed time frames, please email us at [email protected] with the reference number.
What can I do to release my e-Transfer?
To have your e-Transfer released, simply call your bank and tell them that you authorize the e-Transfer to be sent.
- If they claim that this is an issue on our bank's side, please tell them that you have spoken to us and can confirm that it must be released by the sender's bank
- You do not need to go into your bank branch
Need more help? Please email [email protected]