How to switch your two-factor authentication from SMS to Google Authenticator
PLEASE NOTE: When Google Authenticator is enabled and set up, it is required every time you sign in to your Bitbuy account. Please make sure you understand how Google Authenticator works before enabling it.
1. Download the Google Authenticator app from the Apple app store or Google Play store.
2. Log in to Bitbuy and open the 'Settings' section of your account
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, next to the gear icon. If you are on the mobile app, click 'profile' then 'security'.
2. Click on 'Turn on Google Authenticator'
3. Open your Google Authenticator app on your phone and follow the prompts, then scan the QR code that is displayed or enter the set up key.
4. In your Bitbuy account, enter the 6 digit code displayed in your Google Authenticator app and click 'Validate Code'
That's it! Your account is now secured by Google Authenticator. You will now get all your Bitbuy 2FA codes from within you Google Authenticator app.